Maine Skydiving Trips
Extreme Adventure Maine Skydiving
Tandem skydiving is today’s most innovative and popular way of making that first jump.
Your Maine Skydiving Adventure begins with a 30-minute ground school where you meet staff members, view instructional videotapes, and get a general overview of your jump. You will learn how to exit the aircraft, freefall techniques, and body position during landing.
Tandem jumping uses the dual instruction approach similar to learning how to fly an airplane. Your tandem instructor will be there to back you up through all phases of your skydive. The plane ride lasts about 15-20 minutes and the view from our drop-zone is incredible. Our beautiful lakes and majestic mountains will surely enhance your experience.
When the time comes to jump, you and your instructor will exit the plane miles above the earth (11,000 feet) and you will feel the exhilaration of freefall on your very first jump! The freefall lasts for nearly a minute and you will reach speeds of up to 120 mph!
Most people find it amazing that they feel totally in control when in free-fall. The wind actually feels like a cushion of air suspending you in space and feels more like floating than falling!
Once the parachute is opened, you and your instructor will glide gently back to earth. The canopy ride lasts for about 5-9 minutes depending on how fast you like to fly the parachute. The canopy is rectangular in shape, similar to the wing of an airplane, and completely controllable.
Reservations are recommended. We accept ‘walk-ins’ but they do not take priority over scheduled jumpers. In order to hold your reservation, a 50% deposit is required. This deposit is refundable up to 30 days before your arrival date. Your skydive must be paid in full no later than 30 days before your jump date; any reservations made within this time must be paid in full by credit card. If you cancel anytime within 30 days of your trip, all payments are non refundable. You can use your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) over the phone, or you can send in a check or a money order payable to: JUMP N RAFT, PO Box 456, Old Medway Rd, Millinocket, ME 04462
Things to remember:
- Wear comfy clothing and a good pair of sneakers.
- Plan to spend the day at our Maine Dropzone. Remember, skydiving is a weather permitting sport. If you are unable to jump on your scheduled date due to the weather, we will issue you a raincheck which is good for 2 years.
- We supply all the equipment needed. We have the most up-to-date tandem and student equipment available in the world today. The instructors will give you personalized skydiving instruction using the most modern training techniques available. All skydiving instructors and parachute riggers are certified by the United States Parachute Association and the FAA, and have thousands of jumps each.
- You will jump from 11,000ft and the free-fall lasts for almost a minute. You will reach speeds of up to 120 mph.
- Your parachute is rectangular in shape, similar to the wing of an airplane, and is completely controllable. Canopy rides last about 5-9 minutes, depending on how fast you like to fly your parachute.
- Weight limit is 250lbs.
- You must be 18 or older to skydive, so bring a picture ID.
Tandem jumping is such an incredible experience; you get the high-speed thrill of freefall, followed by the serenity and beauty of the parachute ride. Once you are back on earth, you will receive a first jump certificate and all the necessary information on how to become a licensed skydiver. Whether you are planning to become a skydiver, or just want to experience the thrill, this is a great introduction into to our sport!!!
- Tandem Skydive: $229 per person
Remember your Maine Skydiving Adventure with custom video of your experience:
- A video of your rafting trip down the Penobscot is $35.00.
- A video of your skydive is $99.00.
- You can purchase both videos for the discounted price of $129.00.